Scroll Down to Register
The Denali Harley-Davidson Dealership off of the Parks Highway is proud to host the MatSu Valley Community Pinewood Derbry Race to support Scouts and Scouting in the Valley.
The awesome businesses/organizations and fantastic individuals who sponosr a car will be able to build a car and race it themselves or have a car made for them, with prizes to be given out for the most corporate image and the most Harley. Have fun making your cars.
1. Only cars built from Offical BSA Pinewood Derby Kit will be allowed.
2. ALL CARS are encouraged to have a SPONSOR or organization’s name and/or logo visible on the exterior of the car. This suggestion exists for ease of identification and also for media coverage and marketing of your company during and after the event.
3. This is an unlimited class race so no weight restrictions.
4. The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
5. The car must have 1 ¾” clearance between the wheels.
6. The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
7. The wood provided in the kit must be used. The block may be shaped any way that is desired.
8. If, during a race, a car leaves the track without interfering with its opponent, it shall be considered to have ended its heat at that point.
9. If, during a race, no car reaches the finish line on the track, the car which went the farthest in its lane shall be declared as the heat winner.
10. If, during a race, a car leaves its lane and, in so doing, interferes with another racer, then the car at fault shall be declared to have lost the race heat. There will be a rerun of all cars not at fault.
11. Cars will race either in an open division, or a corporate race and the open division.