The Silver Beaver Nomination is a confidential nomination to the Council Silver Beaver Committee on the Council form, Created in 1931, the Silver Beaver Award is presented for distinguished service to youth at the council level and is awarded to those persons who give noteworthy and extraordinary service to youth. This award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service.
Nomination Deadline: First Friday of December
The Silver Beaver Award is a National award presented by the Council on behalf of the National Court of Honor committee. The award is available to Scouters who render distinguished service to youth at the Council level. The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 60 units or fraction thereof in the territory as of December 31 preceding the nomination, according to the records of the national office. The Council need not present all the awards to which it is entitled each year. Councils not using their full allotment in any year may accumulate the unused portion in any subsequent year.
- A nominee must be a registered volunteer Scouter over 21.
- A nominee must have rendered distinguished service of exceptional character to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting or both within the territory under the jurisdiction of the local council.
- Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position as a:
- Unit Scouter
- District or Explorer Division Scouter
- Council Scouter
- Consideration will be given to the nominee’s standing in the community citing business, professional, civic, religious, educational, fraternal, veteran and other fields exclusive of Scouting.
- The nomination shall be submitted not less than 30 days in advance of the date, which it is desired to present the award.
- Nominations will not be considered for former professional Scouters within 5 years of their leaving the profession.Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
- Note: It is the general policy that no public announcements shall be made by the local council in advance of action by the National Court of Honor with reference to names presented for consideration.
- Embroidered blue and white knot on tan. (No. 05003) Worn with Blue knot to wearer’s right, above the left pocket.
- Blue and white ribbon with Miniature Silver Beaver, to be worn around the neck, No. 00331.
- Silver charm, No.00665, civilian wear Lapel pin with diamond, No.00200
- Certificate from the National Court of Honor.