Scouts BSA Advancement
As of Jan. 1, 2017, all Boy Scouts — regardless of rank — must begin using the new Boy Scout requirements.
Where can I find the new Boy Scout requirements?
Want a side-by-side comparison of old vs. new? That’s here.
When do my Scouts start using these new Boy Scout requirements?
Beginning Jan. 1, 2017, all Boy Scouts must use the current requirements regardless of rank.
For those who are curious, here’s a look back at how Boy Scouts transitioned from the old to the new requirements. It was a very transparent, Scouter-friendly process.
What are the big changes?
Click each of these below to take a closer look:
- Number of required camping nights has increased
- Number of required service hours has increased
- Emphasis on physical fitness has increased
- Scout is now its own rank
- Boy Scouts are required to tell about their duty to God at each rank
What if I still have questions?
They’re probably answered on the BSA’s Program Updates page. It’s my go-to source for information on — what else? — BSA program updates.