Dear Scouting Family,
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect local Scouting programs in the Great Alaska Council. Please know that we are monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 both locally and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following information regarding events and prevention measures are based on the latest available guidance. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will continue to update you on relevant developments, and we appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health and safety.
It is advised that all in-person unit programs be postponed until further notice. We strongly encourage scout units to use web meetings (such as Zoom, WebEx, or Skype) or group conference calls to keep scouts engaged and active. The Great Alaska Council has developed a mitigation plan to assist units with preparing and planning for in person unit activities below.
For Cub Scouts, this is a great time for your whole family to enjoy the Scouting program at home with you. See what adventures you can complete.
Should you have any questions or concerns about a specific upcoming event or activity, please reach out to your Team Executive or call (907) 337-9547. We will do everything we can to answer your question using the information available to us. These are recommendations, current municipal mandates should be followed at all times and can be found at https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/
STATUS OF COUNCIL EVENTS
Plans for summer camp can be found here: https://conta.cc/2KRcxUh
You may monitor event updates here: https://www.scoutingalaska.org/
Decisions about unit meetings and activities should be made by unit leadership and chartering organizations based on the unit’s individual circumstances and current CDC and local health department guidelines.
BSA POLICIES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF ILLNESS
Starting this week, the Scout Shop and Office have re-opened. The Shop and Office will be open Monday through Friday from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. To ensure the safety of our employees and customers, the following safety measures have been put in place:
1. Employees and customers must adhere to 6-foot physical distancing protocols
2. Only 5 customers will be allowed in the store at one time, after that limit is reached, customers will be asked to wait outside
3. Customers must wear face coverings when entering the store, otherwise a disposable mask will be provided
4. We would like to continue to encourage the use of calling or emailing in your orders for pick-up or delivery. All Scout Shop orders can be emailed to Gretchen.Kuhuski@scouting.org or called in to (907) 337-9547
5. Due to the limited capacity of operations, not all Council staff will be in the office during this time. For all specialized paperwork (i.e. Eagle workbooks or Recharter paperwork) we are asking that you please schedule an appointment via email or by calling the Scout Office. All appointment requests can be sent in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We request that members conduct business with our staff via email and phone as much as possible. We anticipate that most needs can be served without the need to visit the Scout Service Center. Orders placed ahead of time can be prepared for pick up, or mailed to you, thus limiting contact.
To submit an order online, please email Gretchen Kuhuski at Gretchen.Kuhuski@scouting.org
The Service Center can be reached at (907) 337-9547.
Thank you for your understanding.