Merit Badge Counselor
* As of October 1, 2019 the Merit Badge Counselor List is only available on Scoutbook. See your Scoutmaster for a counselor's name and the required Blue Card. *
The purpose of this list is to assist Scoutmasters, Venturing Crew Advisors and their Assistants in assigning Merit Badge Counselors to Scouts in their respective units. Scouts need to visit with their unit leader and get a signed Merit Badge Card commonly called ‘Blue Cards’ before making contact with a Merit Badge Counselor.
To Become A Merit Badge Counselor
To be added to the list as a Merit Badge Counselor you need to turn in the following forms to the Scout Office.
- Adult Application and Background check Authoriztation Form
- Copy of Youth Protection Training Certificate
- Merit Badge Counselor Information Form
- Copies of certifications are needed to teach the following merit badges. These requirements can be found in the Guide to Advancement
- Life Saving
- Rifle Shooting
- Scuba Diving
- Shotgun Shooting
- Snow Sports
- White Water
To Update the Merit Badges you are a Counselor For
If you are on the list and would like to make changes, please send in a “Merit Badge Counselor Information Form” to add or remove merit badges.
To be Renewed for the Coming Year
Merit Badge Counselors who are on the list for the current year and have current Youth Protection Training will have their registration as a Merit Badge Counselor automatically renewed for the coming year. If you no longer wish to be a Merit Badge Counselor, please inform the council's registrar to be removed from the list.
Merit Badge Counselor List
Merit Badge Counselor List is located on Scoutbook. Updated on October 11, 2019
|Merit Badge Counselors Not Renewed for 2017 because of lapsed Youth Protection Training.pdf||Download|
|Merit Badge Counselors Not Renewed for 2018 because of lapsed Youth Protection Training.pdf||Download|
|Merit Badge Counselors Not Renewed for 2019 because of lapsed Youth Protection Training.pdf||Download|