JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
• Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
• Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned camps and activities.
• Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
• Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
• 21 years of age or older
• Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
• Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
Summary of Staff Positions at the Great Alaska Council
The office staff includes bookkeeping, retail, and administrative assistant positions.
The Council employes people during the school year to staff Scouting based after school programs.
Summer Camp and High Adventure Camp Staff
Great Alaska Council Summer Camps have a wide variety of employment opportunities for men and women. All positions at camp will require additional training and preparation prior to camp. You do not need to be a current member of the Boy Scouts of America to apply to work at camp. Apply today!
*Applicants will be contacted towards the beginning of 2021 to schedule interviews.
Here are some of the positions available at camp:
Ages 15 and up:
- Counselor in Training
Ages 16 and up:
- Merit Badge Instructor, Kitchen Help, Facilities Help
Ages 18 and up:
- High Adventure Guide, COPE Guide, Area Director, Cooks, Commissioners
Ages 21 and up:
- Shooting Sports and Aquatics Director, Program Directors
Ages 25 and up:
- Camp Director