Kayak Training Session 2
The Great Alaska Council is holding American Canoe Association Level 2 Assessments that meets National BSA standards to order to certify Kayaking Merit Badge Councilors. If successful, Scouters will be certified as having accomplished the Assessments under the ACA. Scouters can then apply to be a Kayaking Merit Badge Counselor.
Scouters must attend both in classroom and practical.
Session #2 Classroom: Wednesday, May 16, 5:00 to 9:00 at the Scout Office
Session #2 Classroom: Saturday, May 19, 7:00 to 5:00 at Camp Gorsuch
The cost is $40 to cover the American Canoe Association Membership fee.
Students will also need to bring:
- copy of their current Youth Protection Certificate,
- Safe Swim Defense Certificate
- Safety Afloat Certificate
- Merit Badge Councilor application
- Adult Scout application (no additional fee) Scouters may sign up at the Scout Office and pay their fee.