Life Rank to Eagle Scout
Congratulations for taking on the challenge of becoming an Eagle Scout, a distinction that will stay with you for a lifetime. Below is information on the Life rank to Eagle Scout Process.
Eagle candidates must use the current 2021 Eagle Scout Rank Workbook and the 2020 Eagle Scout Rank Application. The workbook is dated on the bottom left of the first page. The application date is on the bottom right of the second page.
Eagle Project Info & Forms
Note: Older versions of forms will not be accepted!
Click on "Download the Workbook". After the workbook has opened save it to your computer then begin typing your information into the workbook. The 2021 workbook is much easier to use then previous versions.
It is the unit’s responsibility to insure that Scouts use the most current version of the Eagle Workbook when submitting their proposal to their Team Advancement Chair, NOT the Scout Shop. If the Scout is not using the most current version, the project proposal will be rejected by the Team Advancement Chair.
The Scout must submit the ENTIRE workbook – that means cover to cover, as completely as possible.
If submitting in person, the workbook should be in a three ring binder. If e-mailing or mailing, the workbook you still need to submit the entire workbook.
The Contact Page is very important to those sitting on the board, to the Team volunteers and to the Council.
See sample and instruction page in the resource section at the bottom of this page.
The Proposal MUST be approved PRIOR to beginning the project.
REMEMBER – A Scout should be doing their BEST work!
Scouts BSA Team
Scouts, not the parents, should e-mail or telephone for an appointment where they will present their Eagle Scout Service Project proposal to the Scouts BSA Team in person.
Telephone Number: 907-887-4804
Telephone Number: 907-351-1135
Scouts BSA Team - Mat-Su (not Troop 300 Eagles)
Scouts, not the parents, should e-mail or telephone for an appointment where they will present their Eagle Scout Service Project proposal to the Scouts BSA: Mat-Su Advancement Chair in person.
Telephone Number: 907-232-0981
Scouts BSA Team: Mat-Su Troop 300 Eagles
Scouts, not the parents, should e-mail or telephone for an appointment where they will present their Eagle Scout Service Project proposal to theScouts BSA Advancement Chair in person.
Telephone Number: 907-707-6305
Southeast Team (Juneau)
Scouts, not the parents, should e-mail or telephone for an appointment where they will present their Eagle Scout Service Project proposal to the Southeast Team Advancement Chair in person.
Telephone Number: 907-321-0612
Scouts, not the parents, may submit their Eagle Scout Service Project proposal either by mail or e-mail; Trish Conatser will then contact the Scout if an appointment is required.
Telephone Number: 907-401-1251
Fundraising Application Approval
If you have a fundraining application, please send it to Brad Lewis for council approval.
The offical Eagle Application must be completed. It is recommended that it is typed, filled in on the computer, for readablity. Units are responsible for proof reading and ensuring that the application is complete and accurate.
See some Red Flag areas below:
1. Dates: ALL Dates will be verified, missing or incorrect dates will lead to delays. Verify information with your unit and in Scoutbook or contact the council for a copy of your profile.
2. Signatures: Applicaiton needs to be signed by the applicant, registered Committee Chair and registered Unit Leader (Scoutmaster, Advisor, or Skipper only - NOT Assistant Scoutmasters). The Scout is responsible for gathering all required signatures. These should be wet signatures whenever possible, even during COVID.
3. References: Be sure all information is filled out and NEAT, especially their name and email address. There should be six references listed. If you don't have a religious affiliation, please list a parent or another adult who can attest to your reglious beliefs. If your not employed please put N/A.
4. Merit Badges: Verify the dates (as mentioned above) of all merit badges listed.
5. Position of responsibility: Must be one of those listed in Requirement 4 on the Eagle application; i.e. Assistant Patrol Leader is NOT listed. The 6 months MUST have been served AFTER obtaining Life rank.
6. Scoutmaster Conference: Requirement 6 on the application is the Scoutmaster Conference date for your Eagle NOT for the Life Rank.
7. Ambition and Life Purpose Statement: MUST be written-up by the applicant and included in the packet. (see suggestion in the Resources section)
It should describe you, your interests, etc. and is not a recounting of all your Scouting experiences. You may connect a Scouting skill to your current or future ambitions; don’t forget to indicate your ‘life purpose’ and some indication on your desire to continue in Scouting as an adult, if applicable.
On a separate page, list the positions held and leadership developing activities. These can include Scout leadership positions and special awards; athletic teams; music/band activities; scholastic awards/organizations/participation. Please indicate the year or years for each event and consider grouping the positions/awards by category.
Eagle Board of Review
When a Scout has finished ALL requirements for Eagle, bring their entire package by the Scout Shop or mail it to the Great Alaska Council, CC: Brenda Bidwell, via Certified Return Receipt Mail.
Package includes: the completed Eagle Application, Ambition and Life Purpose statement, ENTIRE Eagle Workbook, before and after pictures of their project, and any additional items the Scout wishes to include. Do NOT include your Scout handbook or Blue Cards.
After Council verification of the application and workbook, the scout's paperwork will be forwarded to the appropriate Team Advancement Chair (see above) who will contact the Scout directly to schedule the Eagle Board of Review.
Effective Aug. 1, 2017.
Eagle Palms can now be earned with your Eagle rank!
After successfully completing your Eagle Scout board of review and being validated as an Eagle Scout by the National Service Center, you will be entitled to receive an Eagle Palm for each additional 5 merit badges you completed PRIOR to your Eagle Scout board of review. Simply turn in the Eagle Scout Palm Application, signed by your Scoutmaster, WITH your completed Eagle package to the council or at any time BEFORE your Eagle Board of Review.
For the above Palms only, it will not be necessary to complete #1 of the requirements stated below.
After becoming an Eagle Scout, you may earn additional Palms, prior to your 18th birthday, by completing the following requirements.
- Be active in the Boy Scouts of America for at least three months after becoming an Eagle Scout or after the last Palm was earned. **
- Since earning the Eagle Scout rank or your last Eagle Palm, demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Continue to set a satisfactory example of accepting responsibility or demonstrating leadership ability.
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last Palm. ***
- While an Eagle Scout, participate in a Scoutmaster conference. *
*For Venturers working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “Scoutmaster” with “crew Advisor.” For Sea Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “Scoutmaster” with “Skipper.”
**Eagle Palms must be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be observed for each Palm.
***Merit badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used to meet this requirement.
For general Eagle questions, please contact your Team Advancement Chair listed above.
Contact Brenda Bidwell if you have further concerns via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ambition Statement Suggestions||List of suggestions for the Letter of Ambition||Download|
|Contact page instructions||Example and instructions on how to fill out the Contact Information page in the Eagle workbook Proposal section.||Download|
|Details for First-Time youth entering ScoutsBSA||Information concerning First-Time members, including females, entering the Scouts BSA program and Eagle process as of February 1, 2019.||Download|
|Eagle Scout Challange||Now you are an Eagle here is a challenge to live by||Download|
|Inaugural Class of Female Eagles||Details from National concerning the Inaugural Class of Female Eagle Scouts. Updated September 15, 2020.||Download|
|Midtown Rotary Club Eagle Scout Scholarship Applicaiton||Midtown Rotary Club Eagle Scout Scholarship Application for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year. Must apply by April 6, 2021.||Download|
|Power Tool age chart||Guide to Safe Scouting, Power Tools age appropriate use guide.||Download|